Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Not Staged

The year is rapidly drawing to a close, and it seems like the number of good musical events are starting to ramp up. Slowly, but with greater frequency, I'm starting to have a weekly itinerary good of shows I would like to see, a list I should probably just add to my calender instead of keeping in my head. In Austin, this ramping up of awesome shows always seems to continue till it explodes into SXSW. People have pretty varied opinions on SXSW, and I totally understand both sides of the SXSW pro/con coin, but whether it is official or not, I can already feel a distant giddiness in anticipation of the hive of musical and cultural activity that comes with that part of the year. To me, a lot of the fun, and the experience is not just who is on what stage at what time, but the frenzy, the excitement in the air, and the general adventures that come a long with it. You find your self in some odd and awesome scenes. So in that light, I thought I would share some of my favorite pictures from SXSW 2011 that aren't looking towards the stage. Some times the environment around you tells you when to capture the moment.

These are all unedited and taken with my lil Harinezumi camera whose noise I love so much...





No comments:

Post a Comment